Deadlines & Information
Abstract Submission Deadline:
Notification to Authors:
Meeting registration deadline for authors:
Friday, February 1, 2013
March 25, 2013
April 17, 2013
Registration as Presenting Author
- Abstracts that the Program Committee will have rated as being considered for podium
or poster presentation will first be accepted provisionally only. Definite acceptance
and inclusion in the final program requires one of each abstract's authors to register
as presenting author.
- Potential talks or posters for which no author has registered by April 17, 2013 will
be excluded from the final program.
How to Submit an Abstract
- All abstracts must be received through the CAOS Abstract System, accessible from
- Abstracts are expected to be between 500 and 1,000 words with one optional figure
and up to eight authors.
- You first need to sign up for abstract submission with your email. A special link
is then sent to you, which allows you to access the submission page as well as the ability
to edit a previously made submission (however, access is granted only until the submission
- Start your submission at menu item Online Submission (on the top).
Information for Podium Presenters
- As a general rule of CAOS, no author must present more than one talk. If your group
will have more than one abstract accepted for podium presentation each one has to be
presented by a different author.
- Each speaker must register as a presenting author (see above).
- Your presentation time will be limited to 6 minutes. The chairpersons of each session
will be instructed to strictly enforce this time limited due to a tight schedule.
- You should prepare your presentation using Microsoft Powerpoint 2003, 2007 or 2010.
All presentations will be run off of a central PC. Therefore, you should submit your talk
at least 3 hours prior to the beginning of your session. To do so, store it on a CD-ROM or
USB Drive and contact the "slide preview" counter. If your presentation includes a video
clip, make sure to also store the associated file. All stored presentations will be deleted
from the central PC after the meeting.
- The official language of the meeting is English.
Information for Poster Presenters
- Each poster presenter must register as a presenting author (see above).
- Posters shall be max. 84cm wide and 119cm high (standard format A0).
- Posters will be presented in five poster sessions.
- Each poster should remain installed at the assigned poster booth during the entire time
of the meeting.
- Authors are expected to be at their posters during that session to which the poster has
- The official language of the meeting is English